Emergency Supply Kit
In the event that a storm has occurred and your home has lost power, it is important to have a basic emergency supply kit that can be made quickly. It is vital to be prepared and have your own food, water, and additional supplies in enough quantity to last for at least 72 hours.
- A three day supply of non-perishable food items.
- A gallon of water per person per day for drinking and sanitation purposes (overall amount depends on how many people are in the home).
- A flashlight or two with extra batteries.
- Backup battery packs for electronics or cellphones.
- Extra blankets and clothing to fit the weather’s needs.
- A first aid kit.
- Fun games and activities to keep your time occupied until the power is back on.